Thursday, September 29, 2011

Trade 7: Green Screen Photo Booth Package

Click here to see the potential add on to this trade 
or how you can get it (as of 05-15-12).

Don't look too hard, we didn't hide Dirty, because we I forgot to bring our camera with the good zoom lens.

 Also, this post is LONG, but well worth the read!
If you are just needing to see what the trade includes 
you can scroll to the bottom


Moving on, I think the Branson Package was by far the one of the coolest trades I have made, and by far the hardest item to trade. I really thought it would be traded within 2 weeks and at the longest, one month. It took me nearly 2 months to trade this vacation. 

The biggest obstacle I had to overcome was that many thought this trade was a scam. I'm not sure why because I literally gave every bit of evidence to show that it wasn't. I guess you can't make everyone happy.

I was offered all sorts of stuff for the trip, like: a manual breast pump (uh...), outdoor furniture, dinning room sets, golf clubs, a small generator, graphic design services, a little bit of money, hair salon services (I don't even have hair) and the list goes on. 

Some of these offers would have been nice to have (minus the pump) but I did not feel they had big trading up potential. I was really starting to feel like this could possibly be the end of TMOOD. That is, until I received a text from this guy:



I am guessing you might be thinking this is a mug shot?

Not quite!

When I tell you who this guy is and what he does, then you will understand the reason for the straight face

Maybe this next picture will give you a better idea of who I was about to make a trade with 



I was about to make a trade with a professional 
hockey player and I did not even know it

His name: Marty Magers

 He's one of the best goalies out there 

On a side note to Marty, sorry brother,  but I had to use the Mohawk picture. He told me his name, and at first it did not click as to who he was. I wanted to get the nitty gritty on this dude before I agreed to anything.

I Googled his name just like I did the radio station dude I had traded with. Marty's name pulled up some pretty cool stuff. I've only been a hockey fan for about 4 years now, so I had to call the expert. 

I phoned my buddy Blaine and he immediately knew who he was. Blaine reminded me that Marty had played for the Tulsa Oilers a few years back. At this point I was really excited to make this trade! If you know anything about hockey you probably know this: Most everyone goes to the games to see the fights. Check out the video below, this is one of Marty's classic fights. I believe this was when he played with the Thunder. 

Watch the whole video to get the full effect, it's only 2 minutes.


This became an even cooler trade-to-be 
when I saw his career stats:

Check this out to see his career stats

Even if you know nothing about hockey, I am sure your jaw will drop. 

Marty recently retired this year (retired? He was only 28) from the Wichita Thunder. Click here to see his career accomplishments. When it came to professional goalies, Marty was the go-to guy. 

In 2002, Marty was drafted to the Buffalo Sabers of the NHL. Since then he has played for teams in Michigan, New York, Canada, Connecticut, Virginia, Omaha, Iowa, Denver, and recently the Tulsa Oilers and the Wichita Thunder. 

Even though he has retired, Marty did mention he might fill in for the Oilers if they ever needed anyone. Marty had a busy schedule, he worked a long 2 1/2 hour day (8:00am-10:30 am). 

Since he had more free time on his hands, 
he decided to pick up a new hobby

This is where the "Trade 7" really begins...


Marty took up bartering and became quite good at it, as you can see from the picture above. Let me rewind a bit and take you back to the first few deals he made and how he ended up with this fancy truck. 

While in Wichita, he bought an old pick up for around $1,100. He then traded that truck for a 2004 GMC Sierra and loaded up all his stuff and moved to Tulsa. Not long after that, Marty found a guy that wanted to trade him a 1987 Grand Prix, plus give him $1,200 cash. 

Already he's made his original $1,100 back plus some! He put a new set of wheels on the Grand Prix and it was ready to go. 

Here is where the truck pictured above comes into play. If all this was not cool enough, he now had a guy that wanted to trade him a 1964 F-100. Here's the kicker, this sucker was listed on Craigslist for $9,500! 

Marty's plan is to put a little money into it and then continue his process of trading. Can you see that dirt bike in the back of his truck? He found some old boy out in some podunk town that needed some money and sold it to Marty for $250. Marty said, "I will probably sell it for $500 in a few days." 



At some point in time, I had texted Marty (not knowing it was him) to see if he would be interested in trading the Branson trip for a scooter he had listed on Craigslist. 

Some time passed and I finally received a text back saying he would give me $400 for it. The package was worth close to $800, but I nearly jumped on his offer because I was having a hard time getting any solid offers for the trip. I thought for a minute and told him that I was really wanting to trade the trip, rather than get money for it. 

He then informed me that he had a very unique business


There was only one other photo booth like this in the Mid-West 
guess how that person got hooked up with one? 

Marty of course

Marty's offer: 

The $1250 Platinum Package, which was 4 hours of nearly unlimited fun for most any event. I jumped at the offer right then! 
Did I mention how he obtained this totally rad booth? A little bartering here and there was all it took! In short, he bought a Cadillac for $1200 and traded his way up to a 1971 Camaro SS (all original parts, numbers matching). He then sold that for 12 grand and soon after bought the photo booth. 

Pretty cool, eh? 

This is not your regular photo booth that has the fabric back drops and can only hold a max of 3. This was a GREEN SCREEN photo booth that can hold up to 12 people and can literally have an endless amount of backgrounds. 

Marty's business, "Mr. Smiles Photo Booth" has done large events for groups such as: The Tulsa Drillers, The American Cancer Society at The Cains Ballroom, River Parks Youth Soccer, and many weddings. 

This contraption is way too cool for me to try and tell you all its pros, click here to get a small taste of its greatness! 


What does this trade entail 
and how can you benefit from it? 

This is the Platinum Package worth $1250! 

You will get to have it on site for 4 hours! 

 PLUS EVERYTHING BELOW

1. A full time fun attendant to take care of the booth and make everyone happy. 
2. Free delivery in the Tulsa area.     
3. Unlimited prints during the event. 
4. CD set of pictures during the event.
5. Color or black and white pictures
6. Up to 4 different green screen backgrounds.
7. Four professional layouts.
8. Prop box with tons of your favorite props.
9. And 1 scrapbook made by a professional scrap booker.

 You can use this for weddings, corporate events, graduations, charity events, high school reunions, birthday parties, etc... I would venture to say, pretty much any event. 

How can you benefit from this? Everyone will be talking about how cool your party or event was for a long time. Second of all, if you are strapped for cash for say a wedding you are planning, then all you have to do is look around for something worth at least $1250 (or something that is really cool everyone would want) that you would be willing to let go of.

 Send me your offer and I will let you know if we have a deal! 

Everyone will have so much fun with this! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...