Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Welcome Newbies!

If you have seen "The Trade Mobile" and are wondering what this project is all about you can click here. Also, I am sure you have a lot of questions that need answering! I've tried to do my best and answer all that have come up so far over the course of this project. 

You can read all about me to get a better feel for who I am and how I got to where I am today.

This project is not about trying to find a quick fix to getting out of debt. It tells stories and paints a picture of the journey I have been on. To get get a good understanding, I'd start with the very first post I wrote. It will be worth it I promise! I might even make you laugh a bit.

To sum it all up, I have created one of the most unique trading up (sort of like a bigger/better game) adventures the United States has ever seen. If you have ever seen the A&E show Barter Kings, you will understand how all this works. 

In fact, I started my project long before the show came about, and what's even crazier is that I nearly named my project "Barter Kings." I even had the domain name typed in and ready to buy it, but went with "Trade Me Out of Debt" instead. It is kind of catchy and very unique. You probably won't forget it will you? That's the whole point. 

All the pictures on the left and right side of the page are linked to other posts that I have written over the course of this project. The picture that I have in the upper left hand corner of the site shows what I currently have for trade and that I am taking offers on whatever is up there at the time. If you click the pic, (this is what I last traded for) it will take you to that story. If you are a hockey fan, you will find it interesting that I traded with a former professional hockey player. 

It has been nearly a year that I have made a trade. Partly because I have not found the right person to trade with, and the other part is because I had a major accident that led to a serious surgery. I recently finished about an eight month recovery and am now back to full strength and ready to take the project to full swing. 

Hopefully this will help you better understand the heart of this project. Feel free to comment and voice your thoughts or just follow by email to get the most recent updates. I have had readers all across the U.S.A. and in nearly 30 countries around the world. It has been so amazing to see this thing grow into what it has.

I am happy that you stopped by and I hope that I have answered all your questions. If you are interested in making a trade or setting up a public speaking event, feel free to go to the "Contact Me" tab or just click here. My life has been pretty crazy to say the least. Hopefully I will see some of you around in the near future!

Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you're back in the game! I am making a trade this evening in Michigan, will have a new blog post soon! I guess you could say that I took sympathy time off for you. (actually was just busy and discouraged, but it is fun and I'm back at it. http://vintagemonopoly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the trade! Thanks for thinking about me...lol It's a hard thing to stick with and gets very discouraging. You just have to have a no quit attitude. Easier said then done. Glad to see you are sticking with it. I am working on some guest posts and wanted to let you know I have not forgotten about you. I started a new job this month and have been pretty busy. Looking forward to seeing what your trade is!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...