Sunday, November 28, 2010

No Trade=Good Experience

"You had a good experience, but didn't make a trade?"
Yes I did. "But how?" Just read the post...

Yesterday, I Spent a few hours going to garage sales chatting with people and talking to them about my project. I had a lot of great feedback and most people seemed pretty interested in what I was doing.

I  didn't see anything that was worth trying to trade for, but I did have a good experience with 2 of the families garage sales I stopped at.

It had to be a God thing.  I was blessed with the opportunity to share a little of what God has done in my life and how He has helped me refocus and set my priorities straight.

I also shared that God has made it possible for us to get back in church and start tithing again as well. A former job I had pretty much prevented me getting to go to church or really see my family much for about 3 years.

One of the families prayed for me too. It was one of those moments that you really felt the Peace of God moving through you. It made me feel like I was moving in the right direction with this project.

Maybe someone will come to Christ as a result of this project!

I am by no means an evangelist, or the perfect Christian, I even still struggle with things in my life. I mess up on a daily basis, sometimes I even upset my wife.

I have realized that if we are willing to ask for forgiveness, God will use you. Just open yourself up to God and say here I am Lord, use me and He will use you.

You may not even notice that He uses you. The good thing is, when we get to Heaven. we'll see how God used us to change peoples lives! Just be willing and see what happens. You don't have to have it all together, or have all the skills, just be willing. He will use you, as you are.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...