Saturday, December 4, 2010

Faith as Small as a Mustard Seed. This came to me in the early hours

 Why would someone want to trade for a mustard seed? 

Good question, I don't know myself. I think it's crazy think that one day, just one little mustard seed can turn into a large and beautiful tree, that feeds the birds of the sky. If you have a desire or longing in life, or that sense of peace within you prompting you to do something then follow it. You never know where you will be led and what you will end up with. Dream big!

This is kind of what I did, I felt a prompting from within to do this project. I have no idea where all this is going to take me. There will be several people down the line that will somehow change my life and hopefully I will have an impact on theirs. All that said, you never know where life will lead you or how you will impact one person that impacts 1,000

I will try to keep this short and sweet, because it is really late and I'm tired. Just ask my wife, she will tell you why. I love my wife to death, but please don't ever put noodles down the garbage disposal again. I am not  a plumber by any means. I don't know why I keep trying to fix things I don't know how to fix. Was the Rodeo windshield not enough for me to learn my lesson?

Anyway, back to what I was going to say. This whole mustard seed thing has really made me think. Having faith in God isn't easy. I don't understand it all. I could tell you countless stories about the missions trips I went on when I was a young lad, in which I saw all kinds of miracles, but yet a few weeks later it seemed like it never happened.

I have experienced God in ways you can't tell me there is not a Lord Jesus Christ. I have seen people healed and lives spared from deadly crashes, stabbings and gunshot wounds. Why would I doubt God?

God has provided for me and my family countless times in many different ways over the years, Why would I doubt God?

What makes it so easy for us to believe all the things we hear on the news, but yet not believe Gods Word when it says in Phillippians 4:19 "And my God will meet ALL your needs ACCORDING to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

I worked for an ambulance service for 3 years and I saw a lot of things I don't ever want to see again. God let me take part in saving lives on a daily basis. Some I know about, and some I will never know about until I get to Heaven.

After seeing all that, how can I not have faith in God?

I'm just an ordinary person, not any different than you. Over the last 10 years, I've learned that if you just make yourself available to God and tell Him here I am, broken, use me. He will use you. He will use YOU.

All you have to do is have that faith as small as a mustard seed! God will use you! There are times you will not even know that He used you. I am Matthew, I am not a preacher, or evangelist, professional speaker, songwriter, or professional writer, I am not perfect and I still mess up. I just say what's on my heart. Just become available to God. See What happens

I will close with these few verses that I've been focusing on over the last few months.

Philippians 4:4-9

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.

And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable---if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ---think about such things.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me---put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

Philippians 4: 11-13

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...