Saturday, January 15, 2011

The X Factor Trade Complete: Trade # 2


We drove all the way to
 Bristow, Oklahoma to make this trade 

It was a lot easier to find than Porter, Oklahoma

My sister, Bethany Loerke took the pictures for this trade and 
also supplied the snacks, I'm pretty sure I ate them all by myself!
We had a great time. One that I will never forget.


Without further ado, I introduce to you...Item X!




Feeling let down because I worked it up to be something huge?

 Don't, it gets better

Why a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router by Cisco? Why not? First of all, this thing rocks! All you have to do is plug it into your outlet and your modem and then you can take your laptop anywhere around the house and get an internet signal, all unplugged. 

This router is a lot better than the Polaroid and its trading value is higher. I have to say a big thank you to Mystery X (I will explain later) for helping the project out. The router has taken the trading adventure to a whole new level. 

Keep reading and you will understand...


"What's up with you holding the baby, and the 
other baby dangling from the ledge unattended?" 

Mystery X wished to have their identity kept private for security reasons and I figured that taking the picture with the babies would not give their identity away. I had to have someone to take a picture with to prove that I actually made the trade!


Isn't she so cute and such a little doll? 

Can I let you in on a little secret?

She is a doll! No really, she is not a real baby.. this is a doll! Mystery X makes these things. They feel like a real baby (weight and all). Every little detail says, "this is a real baby". 

She (okay, I have revealed that Mystery X is a She) has made tons of custom dolls like this one. She showed me a photo album of the ones that she has made and I am still trying to convince her that they are real! 

She sells them for a very fair price, but even better: She teaches classes on how to make them! Contact me and I will hook you up! Okay, I am tired I called her Mystery X. I will now call her....hmmm..since I am Cherokee, how about a Cherokee name? I shall call her Suna Lei Awi (Pronounced: Su Nah Lay E Aw Wi) I'm going to use the English translation because Suna Lei Awi is too long and hard to say. In English it means Morning Dear. Actually this is her real name in Cherokee, but her birth name we will just keep between me, myself, and I. 



Morning Dear hand paints and sculpts each one unique unto itself. Each hair is applied one at a time! She probably knows the exact number of hairs on their heads! At times it can take 8 hours just apply the hair! 

Do not be intimidated, she will teach you step by step how to make these very dolls. Her class is a 6 week long class, one day a week, and only 2 1/2 hours long each sessions. The program is very affordable and well worth the effort. For me to say that is huge! I am trying to trade myself out of debt! 

She also makes handmade soaps, candles, and much much more. Contact me and I will get you in contact with this one of a kind doll artist. Each doll is made for a purpose. Many times this purpose is for comfort after an individual has lost a young child. Or maybe you just want to be reminded of what it feels like to hold your dear little baby again after your children have grown too big to hold. 

Why not travel back in time to your childhood years and enjoy one of these life-like creations. I caught myself forgetting that the baby I was holding was not real!

I hope you have enjoyed reading about this trade!

Signing out once again,

            -----The Mustard Seed Guy-----

Update:
As of 2012, according to my sources, the above classes are no longer offered in Oklahoma. If I hear anything different I will let you know. 

3 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed watching your project progress so much that I joined as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, very cool! you made a good trade- can't wait to see what's next. and the adventures are fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet they are! This whole journey can only keep getting better. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...