Friday, July 29, 2011

The Time Has Come:TN6


     Trade day is finally here! 

Trade Number 6 is going to become a reality! In just a few hours my wife Amy and I will be traveling to the beautiful state of Arkansas. Our trade is going to take place in the historic city of Fort Smith, Arkansas with a company called the Fort Smith Radio Group

This company runs 5 radio stations in the Fort Smith, Arkansas demographic. While there, we will of course make the trade for the mystery vacation, as well as do an interview that will be heard by many. 

Just a few weeks ago I was contacted by a man named Dennis McCaslin who is the special events coordinator for the radio group. You can imagine how ecstatic I was when I received the email!

A little over a month or so ago I had put the slot machine on the Tulsa Craigslist. I did not have much luck in Tulsa. Everyone kept bombarding the Barter Section with cars and other random stuff. The slot machine kept getting lost in the mix. I'd gotten a few decent offers, but none of them really felt right, that was until I received an email almost 2 weeks ago around 2Am. 

I'm very skeptical of receiving emails at this time because most of them are spam and scams. Dennis had left his contact information, a little about the offer, and then that was it. 

Being uncertain if this was real or not, I did a little bit of homework. I first searched his name on Google, which pulled up several Dennis McCaslins, but there were a few professionals with that name and the offer seemed like it could have come from one of them.

One of them in particular was linked to a radio station. Still not convinced I did a search of his email and phone number provided. Sure enough both of them brought me back to the same radio station group. I immediately responded and agreed to the trade. I could not believe what had just happened! This was going to be huge for the project.

Our plans are to make the trade this afternoon, hang out, and then they are putting us up in a nice hotel for the night as well as throwing in a freaking awesome food voucher!

If you are new to the site and want to get a better understanding of where this project has come from, start with the very first post of the blog and work your way to the most recent. 

Thanks again to the Fort Smith Radio Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...