Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Condition Update

I was intending on doing a one week update video

But I have been feeling pretty cruddy the last few days. My strength has been improving and I am up to walking 4 blocks! Each day presents new challenges. I just have to take it a step at a time. I am  now at the stage where my muscles, nerves, and bones are starting to wake up and really realize that they have been abruptly hammered, and sawed, and pulled at, and cut, and, and, and...

That has been part of the reason I have been on the DL. I have been trying to rest and enjoy this weather and take as many naps as I need. God has really been teaching me a lot since I have been off work. I have had plenty of time to think and gather my thoughts.

Though this recovery has been challenging, I am trying to make the most of it and do the best with what I have. I have been blessed with a great wife who has taken on a whole lot more than she should have to deal with, and for that I am blessed.

 I have a very beautiful nearly 3 year old daughter who has been helping her Daddy pick up things that are out of my reach since I can't bend. She is willing to run and get whatever is asked of her and for that I am blessed. I have also been so blessed for each of my other family members that have reached out to us in our time of need and to my many friends that have gone above and beyond the calling of just being called a friend. 

Though mine and my families journey ahead seems challenging and at times uncertain, I have been blessed to get to serve a great God who never lets us down, nor forsakes us, nor lets us go without. I don't think I could have asked for more. Thank you again for everyones prayers, support, concerns, and encouragements.

Thanks for making today a very special birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...