Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 2 post op..blahhh

Wow, I look like one of those guys 
doing a ransom video



I am still here and alive, so I really can't complain

 I am still pretty sore from being sliced open, stitched from the inside, and then glued together with some type of glue. I will put my pain into perspective for you: Have you ever been shot in the back with a gun? Or been beaten with a baseball bat? That is pretty much how it feels. 

I can't say I have actually been shot or beaten with a baseball bat, but if I had been I would have to say that it's a pretty close description. Although, my brother did shoot me with a very high powered BB gun in the back when we were kids and I would have to say that hurt.

I have had so many random injuries over my lifetime it's sort of hard to just give a pain scale rating from 1-10. One being the least and 10 the worst. I typically can tough out most pain, so all that to say, my 5 would probably be the average persons 10. Also, 2 tidbits of advice if you ever have to have back surgery: Never let your pain get out of control, catch it before it gets unbearable. 

Most importantly!  NEVER, and I mean NEVER wear gym shorts to bed! I almost learned this the hard way last night. Right as I sat up, I just about slid right off the bed. Thankfully my wife was there to catch all 280lb of me. I'm sure her back hurts now. 

Take things slow during your recovery process 
Don't overdue it!

 I will probably do another update on Friday. Until then, Adios y Dios te bendiga! 
That would be, see you later and God bless you in Spanish!
 Thanks again to everyone who has prayed for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...