Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 3 Post Op

No video today
Give me credit, it was my first audition video

 I figured since I'm semi with it at the moment, I'd give a status update. Last night was rough, I was waking up literally every hour on the hour to get up and go to the bathroom. I am sure you all just love to hear about that, but it is what it is.

 When you have to wear a post op surgery back brace, 
you gotta go more often

 The good part is that I am getting my strength back in my legs and am able to get up and out of bed on my own. Getting back in bed is the hard part! I have to have my pillows under my legs and positioned a certain way, that is what the wife is for though :) I am just kidding, Amy has been an awesome caregiver and has done more than I could have ever asked. Hopefully one of these days I can send her off somewhere for a much needed vacation. 

I am pretty sure my pain meds are kicking right now because I am catching myself zoning out and then wondering why I am writing whatever I am writing. 

I better make this quick. Pain wise, I am still hurting about the same, even though I am still taking the same amount of pain medication, I have been able to spread them out a few more hours apart. I have to remind myself that I am only 3 days post op of a major back surgery and that it is okay to not try and tough out my pain. 

Actually, the more controlled your pain is, the faster your recovery time can be. So, all that to say, I got up this morning and headed outside for the first time since my operation to do some walking. 

I walked a total of 2 blocks, taking a grand total of 20 minutes! I am pretty happy with that because it was more than what I was able to do yesterday (which was just walking around the house).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...