Saturday, July 14, 2012

Another One Bites The Dust

I don't think I will ever get that song out of my head. This Queen song was pretty popular when I was growing up. In fact it still is, but I will get to that here in a little bit. This was one of those songs that we used to listen to while "attempting" to get pumped up for a high school football game. From time to time we'd also play it after we romped an opposing team into the dirt. We'd also play Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight," but that is a totally different story that has nothing to do with this. Great song to listen to though.

Anyways, back to the song...I promise I am going somewhere with this. Just watch the videos below, it might come in handy sometime in your future. The first is Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust." and the second one is the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive." 






After watching these videos, there's no way you'd ever forget this beat. There is a very good reason for that too. 

The second reason why this song has been such a huge part in my life is because I was taught to use the beat of these songs for a very specific reason.

CPR! You know, that thing that saves peoples lives when you thud on their chest? Yeah, we were taught to use these beats as a way to keep rhythm when we did CPR at the ambulance service that I once upon a time worked for. If you pump to the beat, you will easily get in the compressions you need to do to keep the blood flowing in the cardiac arrest victim. 

Now that you have watched the above videos and gotten a feel for the beat, it's now time to see Ken Jeong and Vennie Jones put one of the songs into CPR action! I promise I have a point to this whole post, but you have to keep reading till the end :) 

The first one is for my United States readers, courtesy of the American Heart Association. The second one is for my British readers, courtesy of the British Heart Foundation. Never and I mean NEVER, joke around and do compressions on someone that is alive and well. You could seriously injure, if not kill them, and then you would actually have to do CPR for real.




Now to the real reason why I wrote this post: When I wrote the title, "Another One Bites the Dust," I completely went off on a tangent and came up with the idea to write this post. My original intent was to inform you that I did not get one of the big jobs I was hoping to get. If I had just written that, then the post would have not been as interesting :) 

I'm not upset because I know that God has a plan for us and he has yet to let us down. 

He will provide the right job in the right timing. Just this week we were not even able to pay our mortgage and several other bills that we were behind on. Pretty much all the stuff that I was going to post on here to sell, has sold. We have also been blessed unexpectedly by random people, as well as other miraculous ways. As I had said in the previous post, it is so easy to get down and not rely on God. He has yet to let us down, though it has been hard at times, God has never failed to provide. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a great weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...