Friday, December 31, 2010

Movin' On Up...Way up!!



Last week I called Whistler Advertising to see how much it would cost to place an ad on one of their big High Definition screens. All I heard was $ $ $ $ with a bunch of zeros at the end!

I told them a little about the project and what I was wanting to accomplish. I was told I would be contacted back in about a week. Monday came, no phone call. Tuesday came, no phone call. Wednesday brought the same result. I Got. The. Shaft.

Had I just been blown off by the big guys? I felt like it. Thursday came around and I was ready to stand up and call them! It must have been the A.D.D because I totally forgot to call. Anyway, it was about 4:30PM when I got the call. It was the lady from the Whistler Advertising company.

Here's her offer summed up

They are extending me the opportunity to promote the project on their High Definition screens on any of their available featured signs around Tulsa. In order to have your own sign it would cost close to $4,000 a month, which is out of the question.

She figured I probably didn't have that kind of money, seeing as the name of the blog is Trade Me Out of Debt.

Her second offer was a month of advertising for $400! 

Now that was more like it! Here's what $400 boils down to: The project sign (which is being designed as we speak) would be displayed on a 14x48 High Definition Sign.

Our advertisement would be shared with potentially 7 other people. Each ad would show for a 5 to 6 second interval and then switch to the next ad. This means that our ad would show close to 400 times a day for a month at $400 a month!

This is usually only extended to businesses, but since they are an awesome company they are giving Trade Me Out of Debt a shot!

Here's the deal:

I don't have $400 and you probably don't either. Here's what I've come up with: All it would take is 40 people to chip in $10. Or even better 16 people to throw in $25! Or even better 8 people to toss in $50! Or even as basic as 400 people giving $1. $400 is just $15 a day for like 27 days.

Thats it! I know I'm asking a huge favor, and I wish I could say it would be tax deductible, but at this time it's not because I'm not a non-profit organization. All I'm asking is for one month. I really think this would help get the project out there and going big.

Update: We ended up going with a different idea that would pretty much last forever, thanks to a few very kind individuals. What a blessing that was! You will eventually read about it if you continue to read these past posts. 


PS: This is always an option sometime in the future if anyone out there decides they want to make the above mentioned happen. I'm not sure what the prices would be, hopefully not much different. Anyway, I figured I'd throw that out there :) 

1 comment:

  1. I'll toss in $50! I believe in the mustard seed. Love, Aunt Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...