Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Resting Today; Gods blessings come in mysterious ways

It's day 4 of my post op and I'm pretty sure I've done too much


I probably walked about 3/8 of a mile throughout the day. It does not seem like much, but when you can only take 6 inch steps, it amounts to a lot!

My sleeping pattern is getting a bit messed up because of my medicine, so last night was another night of an hour here and a few hours there of sleep. Pain wise, I am pretty well beat. I'm still feeling like I am getting stronger, but sometimes it's just plain hard to tough out the muscle pain.

 I'm going to rest today and sleep as much as I need to, so if you happen to call and I don't answer, just leave a message and I will get back with you when I feel up to it.

This is kind of off the subject, but yesterday there was a lady that came over to our house to pick up an item she had bought from us on Craigslist, and we got to talking about how God never fails to take care of us and provide. She went on to share about her experiences and trials she has faced in the past and reminded us of Matthew 6 in the Bible, which says:

  25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 

26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 

29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 

32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

It was such a blessing to be reminded of Gods word and that He will not fail us. After she shared these verses with us, she prayed for every aspect of our life and for a fast recovery. I think it was so cool because God used someone from a completely different city, not even close to Tulsa to be a blessing. 

God brought this lady to our Craigslist ad, and because she responded and came to our house to buy what we were selling, He was able to work through her to share his word. It was refreshing and very uplifting. 

It's amazing how God works in mysterious ways

 This lady was not a preacher, she was just a normal person that God used to share his word. To sum it up: God can use you no matter where you are in your life, and you never know who you will influence through it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...